The Association for Bariatric Endoscopy (ABE) is a Division of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). ABE was established to provide state-of-the-art information, education and practice support to gastrointestinal endoscopists with a special interest in endoscopic bariatric therapies.
- SAVE the DATE: ABE Annual Meeting, Course and Reception will be on Friday, June 1 beginning at 1:00 pm in Washington, DC. FREE to ABE members.
- View the latest ABE Webinar, “Endoscopic Management of Surgical Complications,” featuring Vivek Kumbhari, MD and Barham Abu Dayyeh, MD, MPH, which aired on December 11, 2017.
- White paper from ASGE/ABE EndoVators Summit on Obesity gives guidance and direction from top national experts
- ASGE/ABE statement on FDA letter regarding balloon procedure
- FDA issues letter to healthcare providers regarding fluid-filled intragastric balloons (August 10, 2017)
- Thank you to all ABE members who attended the Annual Meeting on May 5! Check out the ABE Twitter feed to see highlights from the meeting: twitter.com/ABEbariatric
- The recent ABE Webinar, “Recently Approved Endoscopic Bariatric Therapies: The AspireAssist System and the Obalon Balloon System” is now available for viewing.
White paper: ASGE EndoVators Summit: Defining the role and value of endoscopic therapies in obesity management
ABE Webinar Presentation, 4/25/2017, Highlights and Takeaways from Thought Leaders: The EndoVators Summit on Obesity
ABE Webinar Presentation, 4/18/2016: ABE Webinar – Treating Obesity with Intragastric Balloon Therapies
ABE Webinar Presentation, 3/21/2016: ABE Webinar – The Business Side of Intragastric Balloon Therapy
ASGE/ABE press releases:
Papers and Guidelines: