The Association for Bariatric Endoscopy (ABE) is a Division of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). ABE was established to provide state-of-the-art information, education and practice support to gastrointestinal endoscopists with a special interest in endoscopic bariatric therapies.
Endoscopic Bariatric Therapies: Position Your Practice for Success
July 20-21, 2018
ASGE IT & T Center
Downers Grove, IL
- View the ABE Webinar, “Pharmacologic Therapy Of Obesity Integration Into A Comprehensive Care Model” featuring Dr. Shelby A. Sullivan, MD and Nitin Kumar, MD, which aired on March 28, 2018.
- View the ABE Webinar, “Endoscopic Management of Surgical Complications,” featuring Vivek Kumbhari, MD and Barham Abu Dayyeh, MD, MPH, which aired on December 11, 2017.
- White paper from ASGE/ABE EndoVators Summit on Obesity gives guidance and direction from top national experts.
- ASGE/ABE statement on FDA letter regarding balloon procedure
- FDA issues letter to healthcare providers regarding fluid-filled intragastric balloons (August 10, 2017).
- Thank you to all ABE members who attended the Annual Meeting on May 5! Check out the ABE Twitter feed to see highlights from the meeting: twitter.com/ABEbariatric.
- The recent ABE Webinar, “Recently Approved Endoscopic Bariatric Therapies: The AspireAssist System and the Obalon Balloon System” is now available for viewing.
ABE Webinar Presentation, March 28, 2018, Pharmacologic Therapy Of Obesity Integration Into A Comprehensive Care Model
White paper: ASGE EndoVators Summit: Defining the role and value of endoscopic therapies in obesity management
ABE Webinar Presentation, 4/25/2017, Highlights and Takeaways from Thought Leaders: The EndoVators Summit on Obesity
ABE Webinar Presentation, 4/18/2016: ABE Webinar – Treating Obesity with Intragastric Balloon Therapies
ABE Webinar Presentation, 3/21/2016: ABE Webinar – The Business Side of Intragastric Balloon Therapy
ASGE/ABE press releases:
Papers and Guidelines:
Members of ABE will receive advance notification of ASGE courses on bariatric endoscopic therapies at Digestive Disease Week, EndoFest, the ASGE IT&T Center, and other popular venues. Check back for web updates.
Join our LinkedIn community!